Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Procrastination

Okay, so I'm procrastinating working on a rather difficult Composition Pedagogy assignment and am posting a recipe to Sara's Killer Spaghetti Sauce. Feeds 2, maybe 3 if you add some milk or water to it.

Ingredients:
1/2 pound ground turkey
1 12 ounce can tomato sauce
1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
4 drops Tabasco sauce
1/4 - 1/2 cup cheese (I use whatever I have in the fridge, whether Parmesan or grated cheddar or mozzarella. you can't have too much cheese, in my opinion)
2 garlic clove pieces (or a heaping bunch of garlic powder)
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon rock salt
pinch of pepper
pinch of Italian Seasoning

Brown your ground turkey with generous portions of garlic salt/powder, onion powder, and a smidge of steak seasoning in a skillet. Add ingredients and simmer for about 10 minutes. Throw in whatever pasta you like and you have a poor man's killer homemade spaghetti sauce. These are pretty much the only ingredients I have in my cupboards, but I love me my spaghetti sauce.

Hope you enjoy!

No comments: