Thursday, August 6, 2009

Break Me Off A Piece Of That Kit Kat Bar

Wow it's been awhile since I've posted anything. My last post was the day before my life turned topsy turvy and found out I was pregnant. I'm going to try to post more often. Last weekend I was at a wedding and a lady was saying how it's nice to be able to see what is going on in other's lives; it gives a connection to people who otherwise might never know how your life is and what you're up to.

It's been difficult to write lately, mainly because my focus and concentration have stopped working. Just as I was driving home from work, I had so many random thoughts:
These streets are so bumpy.
What does that huge D.C. stand for on that car window? DC Comics?
I saw Shade on that street the other day.
I love Sonic ice.
I'm glad the church has cold water when I wash my hands.
I wonder what time that store closes?
I need to go to the bathroom.
That car is going pretty fast. Where is he going?
My tongue is numb and it feels great.
What does Charlie want for dinner?
These streets are murder on a full bladder.

And that was about a minute of my car ride home from work. Even as I sit here I'm thinking of my puffy feet and hands and that itchy mosquito bite on the back of my ankle. I told my sister, "My baby is eating my brain" and I really think it's a correct statement. Maybe she's getting a good memory, concentration, and a fabulous vocabulary, because I don't have them anymore!

Tonight I think I will finish up thank you notes from my baby shower and have them ready to mail tomorrow. I need to buy groceries and cook dinner, but I'm tired from today. This week has been extraordinarily busy. Monday I went to the doctor and had blood taken for 4 hours; Tuesday evening I went to a women's event at the lake; yesterday was Charlie's birthday and I cooked tacos and we rented a movie and watched it, and today I am pooped. We had The Women's Lunch at noon and I began helping decorate, take pictures, and serve food around 10:00 this morning. I've been on my feet a lot today; I also had to drive around town to look for rental furniture for the church as a display piece during an upcoming campaign, so I have to say writing this blog is about all I'm motivated to do. My feet are screaming at me at the moment and I can't ignore them much longer.

At the lunch today, though, Emily gave us a great picture about life and how it relates to a Kit Kat bar. She made the points that breaks are good and life is good. While not a universe shattering statement, I forget to remember that Life Is Good. In the middle of the heat, the uncomfortable ankles, the pile of laundry, the dusty counters, the dirty dishes, and the stinky trash in the kitchen, I forget to enjoy what God has given me.

Life is good.

No comments: